Monday, December 31, 2012

Simply Smoothies!

Yum yum!

The last few days hubby & I decided we would kickstart our healthy 2013 with some added vitamins and nutrients. Thankfully mom had gifted us with a hand blender so we didn't have to fork out for one, the only thing we needed to do was be brave and get rolling!

Both smoothies this week (I'm making number 3 this evening) had the following core ingredients, Bananas, Vanilla Yoghurt and.... Spinach! (Trust me on this one!)

For smoothie one I threw in a handful of frozen raspberries... Totally masking the spinach but turning the smoothie a ghastly brown colour, none the less it was delicious and I will definitely be doing it again!

Last nights smoothie I added apple instead of raspberries and a handful of coconut - pro: the coconut was super tasty con: I added too much apple so the smoothie was kind of 'bitter' to the taste!

You guys should definitely try this out, spinach is jam packed with Iron and the antioxidants and vitamin c in the fruit is so good for your skin. A healthy dose of banana helps keep you, er, 'regular'

Enjoy!
Mwah
x



No comments:

Post a Comment