Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Review

So, I finally became brave enough to post my first review! Eeek! Where to start? With the basics I guess - foundation!

I'm such a BB Cream slave but in the cold/windy/wet weather it just doesn't cut the mustard so alas.. Without any recommendations I bit the bullet and picked up the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. My colour of choice #200 soft beige, yes I know I'm not tanned enough for such an oh so dark colour but Rimmel don't make anything in the shade 'ghastly white'. Plus I like to laugh in the age old advice of never buying foundation that's darker than your natural tone for fear of the dreaded Oompa Lompa effect!

So here it goes at 11 squid it definitely doesn't break the bank, but I do like the packaging... I've dropped it more than enough times this week to know it's smash proof!

My skin (as you will see in the picture below) is typically 'Irish' in the sense that it is pale and pasty with flashes of red, a smattering of freckles, and most recently an outbreak of acne. It's also wildly unpredictable in the sense that one day it's as dry as the Sahara and the next it's so oily I almost announce a natural disaster has occurred on my face. Therefore it's vital that I reviewed this over a number of days wear and not just one! (Which I diligently did!)

Colour wise there's not that many shades to choose from but I can live with that as soft beige did me just fine! Here's the best bit... The coverage - it totally evened out my skin tone and even managed to cover some nasty red acne skin when I built it a little. Needless to say I'm delighted with this.

Is it durable?! Well, on my Sahara days it never cracked and I had a nice dewy glow even after 8 hours. On my oil slick days I'm happy to report it didn't just slide off my face but I did have to reapply some setting powder.

As for the anti fatigue effect it promised? Well, I'm not too sure, it definitely did deliver a soft sheen finish, but I guess I would be my own worst critic - what do you think of the before and after pics? Do I look more awake?

Lastly I must say I loved the smell of the foundation, it didn't ever feel like I was wearing any either and added bonus it has an SPF of 15! Winning!! Overall I give this a solid 9/10.

Mwahx





No comments:

Post a Comment