Saturday, March 9, 2013

Real Techniques Brush Review

Howdy luxers!

Happy Saturday! I thought I would start the weekend catching up on some long overdue reviews! January Boots Haul anyone? Yep that's when I picked up Samantha Chapman's Real Techniques Core Collection Set. I didn't want to go out and buy all of her brushes but I figured I would get a good idea of quality with the Core Set.

Lets start with the basics, packaging; the set comes in a handy little carry case, which you can also flip into a stand if needs be. I myself haven't used it as a stand but I take the case everywhere!

Price wise the set was €28.99 - for the four following brushes;
A Detailer Brush - super mini concealer brush which I found excellent when blending creamier/ stick concealers. I still prefer to use my finger tip gently when blending liquid concealers.

Pointed Foundation Brush - listed as being the perfect partner in crime for liquid foundations.

Buffing Brush - initially I thought 'eh hello, aren't you a little on the small side?' As I am used to using larger buffing brushes, but I adored this brush! It was perfect for applying pressed powders (I hate using the sponge applicators with those!) and for the first time ever I was getting a great finish over my under eye concealer. Normal my attempts to set my under eye concealer leaves it a little 'cracked' looking but this brush sets it perfectly!

Contour Brush - this teardrop shaped brush is a godsend. I found it super when trying to get noticeable definition while also ensuring it is blended right. As the packaging says 'delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft focus finish'.

As you can tell I am really liking these brushes. I think for the budget conscious make up lover this set and brand in general are a great addition to anyone's collection. They are light weight, have a really durable finish (read: not likely to fall apart any time soon!). I have had zero shedding from these brushes, the bristles are taklon so they are so incredibly soft. As taklon is a synthetic fibre the brushes are CRUELTY FREE (yeay!) and the brush heads are hand cut to ensure and even finish.

But that's not all, because the brushes are the mastermind of YouTube beauty guru Samantha Champan (pixiwoo) she has also posted tonnes of make up tutorials which you can find on the Real Techniques website http://realtechniques.com/videos/blog#the-looks

All in all I am delighted with my purchase. I would highly recommend the Core Collection Set. However... While I know the brand is trustworthy and really good quality I have far too many eyeshadow brushes to even think about investing in more (just yet!). You can buy a Real Techniques set online or, in your local Boots store!

Enjoy!
Mwah
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment