Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sleep in Rollers

So as some of you may know I went to the Irish Beauty Show at the weekend and was delighted to pick up the much talked about Sleep in Rollers. This is a product I have wanted to try out for a while because my hair is so unbelievable fine (not fine as in 'Gurrl he fiiine' but fine as in 'thin'). Yep my hair is the most lacklustre, falls down in a heartbeat sorry excuse for hair! Ever. Period. I guess because of that I've barely really given it the TLC it deserves, in short, I am rubbish at hair and hairstyling!

So armed with my own self defeatist attitude, I sat down before work yesterday to give them a whirl. Before you roll your eyes and think 'but you HAVE to sleep in them' the simple answer is: you don't.

When I purchased the Sleep in Rollers I also picked up the Hairdryer Hood, oh the hood... Wait till you see the picture, I have never laughed so hard at myself! I swear, some of the comments from friends later ranged from 'you look like a 50's Alien' to 'you look like Frenchie from Grease' ha!!!

Enough about all that - lets get down to the business of reviewing.

I paid a total of €35 for which I got, 20 of the squishiest softest rollers (perfect for sleeping on!), a hair net (for nighttime wear) a DVD, the Hair Dryer Hood and two cute little drawstring carry bags. You all know I'm a stickler for bargains so all in all that's a helluva lot for €35. Ding ding, that's the first gold star for the sleep in rollers.

As mentioned there was an instructional DVD... Which NATURALLY I did not use... Heh... To be honest, the instructions are printed on a tag with the bag, and there's a link to a YouTube beauty blogger where she shows you how to use them.. Again, I ignored them (honestly I was just too excited to get going!)

As previously mentioned, hair is not my strong point as you will see from my pics below, but I set about rolling my hair.

Start with hair 80% dry (you know when you think it's dry but you keep finding damp patches - that's perfect)
Take hair in sections the same width as the rollers (about two inch sections)
Roll clockwise starting with the crown of your head. Pin rollers, or like me, don't and hope the Velcro is sticky enough (it was!)
Cover head completely with the hood and pull drawstring making sure no air can escape.
Attach Hairdryer to hood tube and set to medium heat and medium speed (I blasted first high and hard for 5mins) leave for 15minutes or however long it takes to put you war paint on for the day.
Take hood off, and leave rollers in hair to cool for 10mins.
Remove one roller to ensure hair is totally dry - you will notice a noticeable bend or bounce in the curl.
Start from the bottom and work your way removing all the rollers.
Lash a little bit of hairspray into the hair and run your fingers through hair.
Et voila - glorious, sexy, vampish hair is yours!

I LOVED this product, even though my attempt at using the rollers was mediocre at best the results were awesome. I got tonnes of compliments in work yesterday from the gang and people were stunned when I said I did it myself. The volume lasted for pretty much most of the day too.

Honestly if you can, get this product - you will not regret it!!!

Enjoy the pics! If you liked this post share share share!
Mwah!
xo

MIMI UPDATE: okay... You guys asked for a before shot from the same day... *cries* please excuse the non makeup blank stare look... Not very chic! Pic added below! x
http://www.sleepinrollers.com/







8 comments:

  1. Looks fab! I'll come over soon and you can do my hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks gorgeous! I have bendy roller things because i find it annoying sleeping in normal rollers.
    Elle xx
    http://www.xgardenofedenx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're review is the only positive review I've read on these. However, I want to know if you have actually slept in these without using the hooded dryer? I'm sooo tempted to get them but I've read some awful reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Charlotte! In the last week I've used them twice but both points with the hooded dryer, I normally work pretty late shifts and crawl straight into bed when I get home but the next time I get a chance I will actually sleep in them to do a follow up test!!

      Delete
  4. Am wearing those rollers as I type--love them too! I use no product and the volume lasts for 3 days till I wash. Have you tried henna to thicken your hair and reduce fallout?

    ReplyDelete